The Adventure Ends, Or Is It Just Beginning
I am now back in Toronto where it is -8C (that's 17F for you americans), cold cold cold, with lots of snow on the ground and I'm already longing for those warm sunny days on Cottesloe beach - (sigh). No more wingeing though, I had a wonderful adventure. My last night in Sydney I was at Lorraine and Ian's again, it seemed like I had just been there (well I had been there 5 days before, so I guess it wasn't such a stretch). She had invited Helen (who I had also met on my first night in Australia) and her husband Tim over for a bbq. It was a perfect way to end the trip, sitting in Lae's lovely garden with good food, good wine and good friends. We talked about politics, the death penalty, the Iraq war and the Vietnam War - just a little light dinner conversation. Suddenly it was midnight (where did the time go again) and I just had to go to bed, I was absolutely wiped. I woke up (6:30am again) and had no idea where I was - guess it was time to go back.
My trip back to Toronto was relatively uneventful - just incredibly long long long - Sydney to Honolulu to Vancouver to Toronto. I was doing ok until I hit Vancouver, then that feeling hit, that same feeling after working a week of events with no sleep and being on your feet all day, when your body feels beat up and you just want it to be over - you event people know what I'm talking about. The other minor problem was that I had lost one of my shoes in the cab in Sydney and since I'm on a pass, I have to be dressed well, so my sneakers were out, so my only options was to wear sandals. My sister-in-law was kind enough to pick me up at the airport so that at least the walk in my barefeet through the snow was relatively short. I did talk to a couple of nice poeple along the way, including Dillon, a kiwi who was on his way to see his girlfriend on Vancouver Island - now that's a long distance relationship!
So we have come to the end of this Trisha's Travels adventure. I had an incredible journey and am grateful to all my new friends in Aussieland and Kiwiland who put me up and put up with me - please come and visit us on this side of the world sometime.
I hope that everyone has a wonderful holiday season. I look forward to seeing all of my Toronto friends and family again over the holidays, my San Francisco friends again in January and my friends down under sometime again soon.
I have actually considered continuing this blog (it has been suggested and I am currently taking it under consideration) for new adventures. I will keep you posted on further develpments, but for now, I will rest a bit and think about what's next.
Until we meet again.
with love,
Trisha
My trip back to Toronto was relatively uneventful - just incredibly long long long - Sydney to Honolulu to Vancouver to Toronto. I was doing ok until I hit Vancouver, then that feeling hit, that same feeling after working a week of events with no sleep and being on your feet all day, when your body feels beat up and you just want it to be over - you event people know what I'm talking about. The other minor problem was that I had lost one of my shoes in the cab in Sydney and since I'm on a pass, I have to be dressed well, so my sneakers were out, so my only options was to wear sandals. My sister-in-law was kind enough to pick me up at the airport so that at least the walk in my barefeet through the snow was relatively short. I did talk to a couple of nice poeple along the way, including Dillon, a kiwi who was on his way to see his girlfriend on Vancouver Island - now that's a long distance relationship!
So we have come to the end of this Trisha's Travels adventure. I had an incredible journey and am grateful to all my new friends in Aussieland and Kiwiland who put me up and put up with me - please come and visit us on this side of the world sometime.
I hope that everyone has a wonderful holiday season. I look forward to seeing all of my Toronto friends and family again over the holidays, my San Francisco friends again in January and my friends down under sometime again soon.
I have actually considered continuing this blog (it has been suggested and I am currently taking it under consideration) for new adventures. I will keep you posted on further develpments, but for now, I will rest a bit and think about what's next.
Until we meet again.
with love,
Trisha
1 Comments:
Great fun having you.The weather here is terrible. Rain and wind. I think its the Martians.
Rowing is off, swimming is in as the surf is great and the sharks are keeping out at sea as it is too rough.
love jenny
Post a Comment
<< Home