Tuesday, September 25, 2012

St. Sauveur

Where did we leave off - ah in our nation's capital, that's OTTAWA once again for all my US friends.  From Ontario to Quebec where they speak french - you know they have a different word for everything.

St. Sauveur and the talking dog
Chez Garceau
I went to stay with Louis for a week up in St. Sauveur, a very cute little town in the Laurentian Mountains north of Montreal.  It's a bit like Mendocino but with big hills - some great restaurants and cute shops and galleries and lakes nearby to cool down.

It was great hanging with Louis (who I have known since I was 14), lots of cooking and eating and drinking and some swimming and walking - great to take it easy for a bit.  And it was also great to see Shrek - the talking dog. Shrek is a Malamute, which is like a husky but bigger - they say malamute's 'have a very quiet, dignified temperament and are loyal to their owners' - well I am not sure how dignified Shrek is but he is usually pretty quiet and definitely loyal to his family.  He is about 80lbs and tall enough to poke me in the stomach with his nose when he wants a cookie.  He eats homemade meatloaf and sleeps in Louis' king bed (not a bad life) and is quite talented - does a great dead dog and talks - his vocabulary includes: I love you, I want a cookie, hello, I am just a lamb in wolf's clothing, I will eat you if you don't give me a cookie - ok he doesn't say those last 2 but he does say Tabernac - French Canadian bad word, cuz all talking dogs must know how to swear.
tres fatigue
at the spa








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home